Basic Website Mini-Audit
Please note that this page describes the Basic Mini-audit. The only difference between the Basic and Bonus versions of the Website Mini-Audit is that you receive a written report of 2 pages or more in the Bonus version, whereas the Basic version involves an oral report on the same material. For the Bonus version description, click on the button on the right.
If your website is not helping you achieve the goals you set when you set it up, then action is required. There are many reasons why websites do not perform. Usually it is not a single factor. You may wish to check a short list of the factors involved in an effective website. These Basic Website Mini-Audits identify which of the factors may be causing the problems.
One important factor in increasing visitor traffic to any website is whether it is visible in search engine keyword reports. Often more than 75% of the traffic to a website will come from search engine keyword queries done by visitors, with most of this from Google. Having search engine visible web pages involves many detailed considerations. Equally avoiding search engine blunders is a necessary and sometimes complex task.
Once the visitor is on the website then they must find it works for them and they can achieve their goal. Only by optimising how visitors get to your website and what they do when they are there will you achieve your goals for the website.
Details of the Basic Website Mini-Audit
The following topics are covered in the Basic Mini-Audit:
- comparison with competitive websites
- overall look and feel of the website
- structural aspects of the website
- titles, descriptions and meta tags
- web pages content
- barriers for search engines
- inlinks to the website
- SEO rankings for principal keywords/phrases
- usability - is the user experience satisfactory
- credibility, trust
- sales conversions (e-commerce websites)
- suggested ways to improve performance
The Basic Mini-Audit involves at least 60 minutes of research on the topics mentioned above. Barry Welford, who does the analysis, is a well-known Internet marketing expert with extensive business experience. The available time will be allocated based on which areas are judged to need the most improvement. The results are delivered orally and discussed in one or two telephone calls within a total time allotment of 45 minutes. The cost for this is $245.
Basic Mini-Audit - Steps Involved
- Payment is by PayPal and the work starts immediately once payment is confirmed. The timetable for completing the project is confirmed in the initial communication, but is normally a few days, unless other commitments have already been accepted.
- if you have any questions not covered here, then please contact SMM with a message, by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone - 778-686-9115. This contact is without any obligation on your part.
- When you are ready, please start the process by making a PayPal payment using the appropriate button below. Please note that the PayPal account is in the name of email@example.com.
- Once PayPal confirms payment, the audit process can begin. You can immediately provide basic data about your website using the Mini-Audit Datasheet.
- A time is agreed for the reporting and discussion of results by telephone (paid by SMM in North America) in up to two calls for up to 45 minutes.
- Discussion takes place at the agreed time, unless mechanical or other difficulties prevent this, when another time is agreed for the discussion.
Basic Mini-Audit Starts Here
Payment can be made using PayPal, which accepts all major credit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal payments. It's a hassle-free process for you and us. You don�t even need a PayPal account. PayPal accepts payments in US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, Euros, Pounds Sterling, Yen, New Zealand Dollars, Swiss Francs, Hong Kong Dollars, Singapore Dollars, Swedish Kronor, Danish Kroner, Polish Zloty, Norwegian Kroner, Hungarian Forint, Czech Koruna, Israeli Shekels and Mexican Pesos.
If you wish to make your PayPal payment in Canadian dollars, then use the button on the right, which involves lower fees for you and for us. For all other currencies, use the US dollar button on the left. If after further thinking, you prefer to have a written report, then click through to the Bonus Website Mini-Audit.
What About Free Website Reviews?
if you're looking for something cheaper than this Basic Mini-Audit, your only alternative is to use one of the Web Design Forums that offer free website reviews. However, you should take into account the caution that one of the best of these highlights.
The analysis and advice provided in a Basic Website Mini-Audit is completely confidential and ensures that all important performance aspects are considered. You can't beat that value.
Related: Website Reviews Free, Really?
Revision as of June 1, 2008
Reproducing This Document: Permission is granted to reproduce this Document in its entirety in an e-mail newsletter or on a web site provided that the article is reproduced as shown above, with a hyperlink to http://smmbc.ca with credit in writing to SMM Internet Marketing Consultants. Please send an e-mail notification and a copy of the newsletter or link to firstname.lastname@example.org upon reproducing the Document.